Saturday, June 12

a makeover - marie antoinette style

i've lost my cell phone, i've misplaced my laptop computer cord.. and i am busy at work all the time!
i've barely had time to upload photos taken from the past few weeks! this is getting out of hand! but soon enough i will be on my way to beautiful lisbon to soak up some sun, and some portuguese grammer no doubt!anyways how do you like the little facelift the blog has been given?
i sat down to watch the other boleyn girl last night because i really enjoy period movies such as those. but i suppose i was previously spoiled by "marie antoinette" and it got me thinking about how in love i am with that movie and how much it seriously needed a dedicated post by me!

marie antoinette is one of my "go to" movies, i seriously cannot get enough. its got a great cast, it's quite subtly funny, the contrast in classical and contemporary music/elements is fantastic. the soundtrack hosts artists like new order, siouxsie and the banshees, radio department and the cure. how fab!
anyways, the movie is pure eyecandy; with magnificent colours and beautiful compositions. kirstin dunsts also is amazing in this role. i suggest you all see it!
the over all feeling of the movie is also somewhat of an inspiration since the start of this blog. if you know the movie well, you will completely understand what i am talking about!

annie liebovits also had the pleasure of shooting this for an issue of vogue in 2005. here are a few of the shots.
oh what i wouldn't give to be a dauphine.. or atleast one in this movie!

2 comments:

  1. Mariza!! I love Annie Liebovits! She really is so amazing. And I love your blog! Tres interesting to read. Maybe I'll start my own someday? I'll call it 'Mariza nonetheless'

    I've actually only seen half of Marie Antoinette, but I liked what I saw. You've inspired me to watch it.

    Love you!
    Katie Giacomantonio

    ReplyDelete